Sunday, February 25, 2007

"Could you double-check the envelope?"



Martin Scorsese's mob epic "The Departed" won best picture at the
Academy Awards on Sunday and earned the filmmaker the directing prize that had eluded him throughout his illustrious career.
Way to go, Marty! It's been a long time coming for many film watching connoisseurs including myself to see you take the home the golden statue for "The Departed" which I haven't seen
yet. And if it shares or transcends the contained intensity of its incredible original "Infernal Affairs" then I will certainly understand why the Academy finally gave you props.
It's not like I haven't heard only good things about the film. I asked my wife to add it to our Netflix queue so I should get a chance to see it sometime after her obsessive, early seasons of The Wire binge.